If you have some idea about the world of craftsmanship, then you must have come across flawless saws which serve as the ultimate tool in crafting magnificent pieces.
Whether it is a boat or a normal tool box, the table saw is an absolute must for manufacturing the same.
The versatile tab saw can keep your back through a magnitude of functions ranging from crosscutting to mitering, ripping and many more.
Apart from being strong and vigorous, these mini table saws also rank high in portability making it a top pick in your home or workshop.
If you are on the lookout for the perfect table saw for your DIY project, then you have come to the right place as today we shall take you through 10 of the best mini table saws which are worth your attention.
But first we are going to take a look at the features to consider while purchasing a table saw.
1. DEWALT DW745 10-Inch Compact Job-Site Table Saw
The affordable piece of equipment packs in wholesome features to help you in catering to all your mid-sized DIY projects with utmost accuracy and durability.
Its convenient base assures a firm grip for being carried around at the job site in a hassle-free manner. One of the most striking features of this unit is that everything can be adjusted using the same without the requirement of any additional tool.
You can also position the unit in accordance to your personal preference courtesy the telescopic fence. There is also a dust collecting port in the unit although it is not fully enclosed.
This versatile machine pairs up a large 20-inch rip capacity with its 15-amp motor to take on application-specific setups.
- At 45 pounds, it is a highly portable model making it extremely easy to be carried around the workplace.
- High-torque motor helps in cutting pressure-treated lumber and hardwood like a pro.
- Fence adjustments becomes smooth and accurate courtesy the rack and pinion fence rails.
- Easy to set up for undertaking a variety of applications.
- East access of the Site-Pro Guarding components and push stick for on-board storage.
- Top plate is constructed using plastic.
- Customer support is not up to the mark.
2. SKIL 3540-02 7-Inch Wet Tile Saw
The wet tile saw from SKIL uses diamond coated blades for its operation. Weighing at just 17.7 pounds, this electric and corded saw features a corrosive and rust resistant stainless steel top supporting tiles of up to 12×12 inches.
A neat blade cooling water reservoir is also featured by this mini table saw which makes it easy to catch the discarded dusts and debris as well as cool down the heated blade.
Coupled with no load rpm of 3600 and amperage of 4.2, the 120V AC tile saw can cut through masonry, stone and many more courtesy its supreme motor.
The saw comes with a 30-day money back guarantee which is enough if you wish to examine its functioning.
A 3-year manufacturer’s limited warranty is provided by SKIL to keep you protected from chances of system breakdown.
- Ideal for small tiling projects.
- Portable and lightweight model which is perfect for home use.
- Comes with a great warranty value.
- Can cut glass and ceramics in an extremely easy manner.
- The small saw water reservoir demands frequent refilling.
- Low rpm bars it from taking up heavy-duty tiling work.
- Guide is not of much use.
3. Proxxon 37160 KGS 80 MICRO Chop Saw
The Proxxon Chop and Miter Saw KGS 80 does not make any comprise when it comes to quality although it is comparatively expensive than its peers. An extreme high speed of 4000 rpmhelps the chop saw in functioning quietly and in an easy manner.
The sharp blades of the table saw comes covered with a plastic blade guard which aids you in seeing the line of cut given its translucent nature.
You can also rip apart common framing materials at 90 and 45 degree coupled with its sharp blades. There are detents at 15 degree which aid in cutting through a variety of angles.
Its integrated tightening mechanism coupled with the self-centring clamps handles round pieces and front side groove in an efficient manner.
- Features a tightening mechanism.
- Carbide tipped sharp blades aid in accurate cutting.
- Quiet yet extremely powerful motor.
- Cover swings up automatically to usher in added safety during bevel cuts.
- Highly portable model which can be carried around easily.
- Blade guard diminishes its visibility.
- Extremely expensive model.
4. Rockwell BladeRunner X2 Portable Tabletop Saw
The new and improved Rockwell Blade Runner X2 can cut plastic, metal and ceramic tile with absolute ease making it the perfect addition to every job site.
You can thus bid adieu to those days when you had to hold the material in one hand and saw in another as this table saw offers fixed blade placement for precise results.
The Rockwell X2 is basically a jigsaw which is mounted on a table platform in an upside-down manner to ease out the material handling process in stark contrast to its peers.
It should however be noted that the Rockwell saw might not be of much help in cutting very long straight lines with utmost precision.
- Can perform multiple functions such as scroll, rip, inside and miter cuts by just changing the blades.
- Compact model which does not take up much space.
- Wider cuts and improved control is guaranteed by its hold-down guard, splitter and larger rip fence.
- Can be set up within seconds for slicing through aluminium, metal, ceramic tile, plastic and even wood.
- Flimsy miter gauge.
- Hard to use fence.
- Instruction manual is not of much help.
5. Proxxon 37006 KS 115 Bench Circular Saw
The Bench Top Circular Saw KS115 is an absolute specialist when it comes to cutting super small pieceswhich would have otherwise been difficult with a regular circular saw.
Its 110-120V motor has a prolonged life expectancy and also does not create much ruckus with its operation. The carbide tipped saw blade of the table saw helps in slicing through fiberglass reinforced plastics.
Thus, it is tailor made for taking up DIY crafts wherein you shall be required to make miniature models. However, it might not serve you well while working on heavy-weight metals.
- Carbide tip blade ushers in significant improvement over the standard one.
- Can slice through 1/8 inch aluminium in a smooth fashion.
- Vacuum attachment works brilliantly.
- Features separate tool storage component for storing saw blade.
- Sturdy work table constructed using die cast aluminium.
- Graduated miter gauge and longitude fence can be adjusted easily according to your personal preferences.
- Motor is not very strong.
- Fence is also not up to the mark.
6. SKIL 3386-01 2.5-Amp 9-Inch Band Saw
The sturdy and reliable SKIL table saw ranks high on portability making it an absolute favorite of all hobbyists and professionals around the globe.
Although the tilting work table of the band saw is not very spacious,it offers the supreme ability of cutting at a specific angle. The LED light also serves as an impressive addition helping you in fine-tuning its decision with top-notch precision.
Accurate and straight cuts is also ensured by its well-designed rip fence. Coupled with such attributes, this table saw can serve as the perfect pick for novice woodworkers who wish to rip lumber into thinner pieces and cut irregular shapes.
The convenient pinion and rack table adjustment of the SKIL table helps in quickly making height and angle alterations. Making accurate and straight cuts also becomes easier with the adjustable rip fence whereas the miter gauge is especially helpful in making crosscuts.
- Comes with plenty of additional features.
- Precise miter gauge which does not wobble at all.
- Extremely budget-friendly model.
- Portability and compactness works in its favour for making it highly user-friendly.
- Easy to follow accompanying instruction manual.
- Not suitable for demanding tasks.
- It is not powerful enough to handle specific materials such as metals.
7. Proxxon 37070 FET Table Saw
You can expect the majestic blend of versatile, reliable and accurate features while working with the Proxxon 37070 FET tablet saw which is best suited for detailed and mechanical jobssuch as mold construction, picture framing and toy making.
It can easily slice through materials like plexiglass, plastics, wood, non-ferrous metals, reinforced metals and many more. The load bearing elements and milled table of the Proxxon 37070 FET table saw is crafted using die-cast aluminium which paves the path for stable and robust framework.
A belt-driven and ball-bearing saw blade shaft coupled with a powerful motor paves the path for a low-noise drive.
Precise cuts are guaranteed by the adjustable setting stop/fencehaving setting screw for five different adjustments of longitudinal stop ranging from 0.004-Inches 1/10 millimetre which brings along precise cuts.
You can also adjust the blade angle from 0-45 degree to help in miter cuts. It is even possible to lower or raise the blade for accommodating the optimum height of materials which are being dealt with.
- DC specialized motor plus helps the Proxxon in boasting a low noise drive.
- Sturdy and stable construction impart optimum durability.
- Saw might not work well with large wood pieces.
8. TruePower 919 High Speed Mini Miter/Cut-Off Saw
If you are on the lookout for a bare tool which can cut through high tensile metallic materials like dowels, carbon arrows, wood and plastic without getting strained, then your search is bound to come to an end once you come across the TruePower 919 mini cutter.
Its sturdy clamp helps in holding the work piece in place so that you can proceed with precise angles and cuts.
The adjustable clamp also helps users in making the most out of its completely hands free functionality which increases the potential of hobbyists rhetorically.
- The product features a highly ergonomic clamp.
- Works perfectly on both hard and soft surfaces.
- Lightweight and handy model.
- Its 110V of power can easily deliver 7800 rpm.
- Lack of torque causes its seed to reduce.
9. Black+Decker M1850BD 7-1/4″ Compound Miter Saw
The M1850BD has been designed by keeping the average DIYer in mind just like its peer power tools from Black & Decker. You can thus take up light to medium tasks with this versatile table saw which requires just a fraction of time in comparison to a manual saw thus diminishing the time spent on each project.
A comprehensive manual can also guide you through its operation so that you can stay abreast of the common mistakes committed by first timers.
The 9.0-amp ball bearing motor of the M1850BD is one of its most impressive attributes which aids in achieving a power output which simply cannot be expected in the price range.
The versatility of this miter saw has been further enhanced with the addition of nine positive stops which establishes the most common cutting positions applied by professionals and amateurs.
- Constructed using die-cast aluminium.
- Compact and highly portable model.
- Perfect for base and crown moulding jobs at the jobsite or around the house.
- 24-teeth used by the blade helps in fast cutting of lumbers.
- Dust bag is not of much help while dealing with large projects.
10. WORX WX572L BladeRunner X2 Portable Tabletop Saw
You are bound to feel delighted with the WORK WX572L BladeRunner X2 Tabletop Saw from the very first usage as it helps you with rip and cross cuts having optimum precision courtesy its traditional guard.
This lightweight and compact table saw has gained supreme popularity amongst its users given its effortless capability of cutting wood, tiles, plastic, metals and even aluminium. You can adjust its miter gauge from 0-60 degrees for that perfect cutting while the safety switch serves as an important addition for preventing any accidental mishaps.
You can thus bid adieu to wrenches as all you will have to do is just slide the blade release lever on the tabletop’s left for releasing the blade.
The rollers have to be guided for an accurate 90-degree positioning once the blade is in position.
A 5.5-amp motor delivering 3000 rpm powers this versatile benchtop saw which exercises a cutting capacity of 1¼ inch in PVC, 1½ inch in wood, 1/8 inch in mild steeland 3/8 inch in aluminium and ceramic tile.
Its impact resistant and durable base is supported by four rubber feet to prevent the table saw from slippage.
Some other features which deserve special mentioning are its 6-foot power cord, on/off paddle switch with safety key and built-in carrying handle.
- Versatile and lightweight model featuring a safety switch for preventing accidental start-ups.
- Uses standard T-shank jigsaw blades for its operation.
- Key storage and handy blade with flip-up entryway.
- On board storage space for miter gauge and tear fence.
- Might not be of much help in taking up large projects.
Summoning a carpenter can prove out to be an extremely uneconomical option especially if you wish to carry out the repair work on a small portion. In such a scenario, it is advisable to go the DIY way coupled with certain specific tools of which a table saw deserves special mention.
You can have a discussion with your friends and family who have purchased the same or browse through user testimonials to decide on the one which can best serve your needs since an inaccurate selection can definitely create an adverse effect on profitability as well as harm your pocket.